Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30

We didn't have a letter on August 27th, so we were extra glad to get today's!

Hello Family and Friends!

I hope you have all had a fabulous week, and have felt the love of our Heavenly Father in your life. This is transfer Monday, and I'm still here in LaPorte for another 6 weeks at least, but I have a new fabulous companion. Her name is Sister Hatch. She is from Sandy, UT and has been serving here in Texas for a grand total of 6 weeks so far. I'm excited to work with her and get to know her better. I love being a missionary!!!

We have enjoyed some really sweet moments this past week when members unexpectedly helped us out. Last Monday Sis. Frazier and I were in Kingwood so I could go to the dentist. We stopped at Fuddruckers for food after my appt. While waiting for our food to be ready, the manager came by and excitedly introduced himself as a member of the church. He was then shocked to realize we'd paid full price and refunded my ticket and told Sis. Frazier and I to split the cash. He informed us that missionaries always eat half price in his restaraunt and gave us a free order of sweet potato fries. We felt loved :) While walking down our street in LaPorte, on our way to visit a potiential investigator, a stranger pulled over in a pick-up truck and handed us cold bottles of Gatorade. Apparently he's a member in Baytown that attends the Singles' branch in Pine Trails and he just felt sorry for us walking in the heat. We don't mind the heat so much (though it is VERY HOT AND HUMID), but we were also very grateful for the cold drinks and kindness. Service is the best, both on the giving and recieving ends. Go do something small and unexpected for someone today!! Smile at everyone!

I love you all so much!!! Be good and smile lots!
*~Sister Pilmer~*


From the management: I'm so grateful to hear of people taking such good care of my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment