Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aug 16

Howdy from La Porte! It's another wonderful day, and the most wonderful part is that I'm still a missionary! This work is the best thing ever and while it is often challenging, frustrating, and exhausted- I still love it with all my heart! It is just so rewarding and full of miracles!
I discovered a really great quote this week that I wanted to share with y'all. President Spencer W. Kimball said, "We become more substantive as we serve others- indeed, it is easier to 'find' ourselves because there is so much more of us to find!" I love that and know it can apply to everyone, not just missionaries. There are opportunities for each of us to serve our brothers and sisters each and every day- usually in small, but meaningful ways. No effort to serve goes wasted. The Lord will magnify your efforts to serve Him by serving His children. (Mosiah 2:17)
Sister Frazier and I are still working hard and learning much from one another. I really appreciate her example, and am happy to be serving with her here in La Porte. This week a woman in our apt. complex, Miss T, approached us in a state of fear and morning. She has experienced the untimely death of a loved one and needed love, support, and the truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Since we've had the opportunity to teach her, it has become clear that the Lord has prepared her to accept this truth at this time. I've grown to love her so much, and want so badly for her to continue to progress and understand the peace and joy of our message. We are praying hard for her and the other people we are teaching. The Lord is with us as we walk forward in faith.
A couple of people have mentioned or questioned the use of initials instead of names for most people I email about. In the event that others may be wondering, I will clarify. Because Amanda is posting this to a blog for the whole world to see (and I know there are readers down in this neck of the woods)- I only use initials for confidentiality purposes. If any of you ever have specific questions about specific experiences or people- feel free to ask. I love talking about it!
I love you all and hope all is FABULOUS for you! Send mail- it's my fave! Be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment