Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December 27

Howdy from Woodville where Sister Pilmer wants to stay for at least another transfer!  Haha- I certainly want to do whatever the Lord's will is, but Sister Mapa and I would really love to stay here and stay together for another 6 weeks until she is transferred home.  We are having the best time ever! 
 
Christmas was completely magically, fabulous!  I have had 22 years of the best kinds of Christmases anyone could ever ask for.  Some years my family has had more than others, but I really can't imagine having more wonderful Christmas memories than I've been blessed with.  This year though- tops them all.  It has truly been the best Christmas of my life so far.  It has been the opportunity to GIVE so much to the Lord and to my brothers and sisters that has brought more joy and fulfillment than ever.  Of course, all that giving has only come back one hundred fold and I have felt so very loved by everyone back home and everyone out here and most importantly by my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.  It has been a joyous blessing to be able to focus SO MUCH on my Savior this season, and I loved it!!!
 
Sister Mapa and I spent several hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day running around visiting as many wonderful families as possible.  We sang LOTS of Christmas songs, read the Christmas story from Luke 2 and bore our testimonies to many, and left a humble gift of a copy of my Mommy's Christmas story with everyone.  (She didn't write the story, but she's read it to us every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember... if you'd like a copy, just ask her)  We mostly did these visits w/ active and less-active members, but we did them w/ some investigators as well.  We gave copies of "the Living Christ" to most of them. (If you'd like a copy of that, you may talk to my family as well- they're so great.)  At almost all of the houses we actually spoke to people at (instead of leaving the story on their door because they weren't home) we left w/ all kinds of goodies- fudge, oranges, pumpkin bread, shower gel, candy, perfume, static guard, thin mints, lotion, souvenirs, etc.  We have officially been spoiled. 
 
For those of you who are curious to know what our Christmas dinner was, you'll be happy to know we enjoyed a wonderful meal featuring Goat Tacos!  It was actually really good, and made by the in-laws of the M* family who just moved to Texas from Mexico.  I was able to talk to my family Christmas morning and that was quite wonderful because I happen to love them to pieces!
 
On the day after Christmas J* J* Jones was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- AWESOME!!!!
 
I love you all and hope each of you had a completely marvelous Christmas.  God loves you- I promise. 
 
Just because the holidays are wrapping up, doesn't mean I don't still love mail.  FYI!
 
Missionary work is the greatest thing ever and I love it w/ all my heart!!!
 
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!
 
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment