Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 21

Howdy from Woodville- the best place to spend Christmas in 2010!  My planner is currently missing... a.k.a.: my brain!!! So remembering and telling y'all about my week should be an interesting task.  I do remember that our week was great and that it was filled with miracles.  I'll try to remember other stuff...
Monday we had a special Zone Preparation Day in Port Arthur which included a showing of "It's a Wonderful Life" which President Moldenhauer gave us special permission to watch.  I didn't actually get to watch the whole thing because we arrived a little late and did some other things too, but I enjoyed what I watched.  If you haven't watched it this Christmas season, I invite you to do so!!!!  That night we were fed dinner by Bro. and Sis. E* W* and L* O*, who remember my parents and loved seeing old photos of us.  We then hopped over to the Woodville Band Christmas concert featuring the Jr. High and Highschool bands of Woodville.  There were recent converts, active members, less-active members, and investigators performing and they all did an excellent job.  We were able to mingle with many of them after and it was very effective. 
I remember Tuesday being busy and wonderful, but am otherwise drawing a blank at the moment. Oh!! except I do remember we had our branch Relief Society Christmas party that night.  It was a yummy pot luck dinner and white elephant gift exchange.  It also included a surprise visit from Santa Claus- very fun times.


Wednesday we did exchanges with the Sisters serving in Jennings,LA... we're serving out in the sticks so the closest missionaries live 45 min. away and the closest sisters are 2.5 hours.  We got special permission to do the exchange though largely due to the fact that Sister Hawkins has been in Jennings since she started her mission nearly 4.5 months ago and has never had the opportunity.  Sis. Mapa went to Jennings for the day to work w/ Sis. Brosnehan, and I stayed here and worked w/ Sis. Hawkins for the day.  We saw SO many miracles and I was so grateful that Sis. Hawkins had a great experience and felt she learned a lot.  FYI- the Skinner family fed us delicious ribs that night.
Thursday we went to Baytown for our Christmas mission conference which was totally amazing.  (That was also where we switched back to our normal companionships)  All of the sisters sang a special musical # which is one of my new favorite songs.  ("Miracles" by Sally DeFord- if you want to look it up)  Area authority Elder Gifford Nielson and his wife spoke to us.  We enjoyed a slide show of our mission year, great food, and much inspiration from President and Sister Moldenhauer.  It was an AWESOME day :)  We got back to Woodville just in time to enjoy dinner w/ the Gibson family and watch "Joseph Smith- Prophet of the Restoration" w/ them.
Friday Sis. Mapa and I had to do our weekly planning.  After that, I once again remember it being a really good day, but don't rembember the rest...
Saturday was a very busy proselyting day, one filled w/ lots of trials, but even more small miracles.  That evening we joined the Young Single Adults of the branch for their Christmas Party at the Durr home.  It ended up being us, Bro. and Sis. D*, E* O*, and C* M*.  Despite the small turn out it was a successful and enjoyable evening.
Sunday at church, Sis. Mapa and I substituted in the youth Sunday School class.  It was not our finest hour by any means, but we certainly survived.  We were fed lunch and dinner by families in Odomville and tried to do some proselyting in between that was only mildly effective.  We met w/ J* J* that night and he's still just amazing.  It looks like he'll be baptized this coming Sunday the 26th and we're very excited for him.
Yesterday was spent at the doctor's office doing lots of waiting.  Sis. Mapa is having some mystery symptoms that we're trying to take care of.  We have to go back to Beaumont today to do some follow-up stuff w/ that.  The bright side is she is being treated by long time family friend Dr. Russ Stovall.  He gave us some talks as reading assignments and I got to have a good visit w/ his wife. 
I love this work and I love all of you!!! I wish you each an incredibly magical Christmas!!!
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment