Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 25

Howdy from Woodville, TX where I'm learning oh so very much! 
 
Last Monday was quite spectacular.  After our regular morning exercise, studies, etc., we went over to the D*'s so Sis. Mapa could finish her college applications and ran to Wal-mart for a few groceries.  Then we headed off to Beaumont, courtesy of C* M* driving us there.  We really love and appreciate her- she always helps us out and she's so fun to spend time w/.  We got special permission to take this trip to Beaumont on our preparation day, just for fun- to spend some time checking out my old stomping grounds.  Our first stop in Beaumont was the Lancaster-Cornwall apts. where we lived for 6 years.  We just walked around for a few minutes.  I told stories as memories flooded back to me and Sis. Mapa listened and enjoyed watching my excitement.  Then we headed to Sallie Curtis Elementary where I attended for K-4.  It's actually being torn down soon, and I was grateful to be able to see it before that happens.  There was a man sitting on a bench at the playground when we went to explore it so we talked to him.  In the playground of my childhood we were able to teach a lesson about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this man (I think his name is Michael) and the Spirit was so strong- such a cool experience!  We took lots of pictures and I told lots of stories as we continued w/ our exploration which included a stop at my old ballet studio and a drive by of our old house.  It was lots of fun.  We then went over to the elders house (yes- 4 of them live in a really old house in a really old part of town) where we promptly kicked them out so we could see what it was like inside.  Then we all hung out on the porch and ate BBQ Chicken and salad and potatoes graciously cooked by the elders.  We played a game of UNO and then it was time to head back to Woodville.  That night we had dinner w/ Bro. and Sis. T* and C* L* who fed us amazing ribs.  After our dinner appt, we tried to visit a potential investigator, but ended up not being able to find their home in the dark. 
 
Tuesday we volunteered at Heritage Village, helping w/ more inventory.  We enjoyed lunch at the Pickett House, came to the library to email, and then stopped by the K*s for a little bit.  We then went to find that potential investigator M* T*, and quickly found it in the light of day.  We had a really great lesson w/ her.  She's not really interested right now, but we were so grateful for the Spirit's help in allowing us to effectively explain our purpose to her and testify of truth.  It was great.  We did some tracting and visiting less-active members and felt the Lord helping us throughout the day.  Sis. E* O* fed us homemade chicken soup for dinner w/ Bluebell ice cream for dessert. 
 
Wednesday morning our fist appt. w/ an investigator (whose name btw- is Michael Jackson) fell through.  Sis. A* M* had picked us up to go to the appt. w/ us so we invited her to come on a church tour.  We really love the tool of church tours and are seeing miracles throughout the mission as we utilize them.  Sis. M* loved the experience and is exciting about helping us w/ them in the future.  We had lunch at the apt. and then went to the library to spend our alotted time to weekly browse mormon.org.  I still love it even more and invite everyone to check it out!  We went tracting and to visit some people- only one of which was home.  We had dinner that night w/ Bro. and Sis. R* and D* L* who fed us Texas Hash w/ cheesecake for dessert. 
 
Thursday we spent the morning doing our weekly planning, and then headed to Beaumont so I could see Dr. Stovall again, and follow up.  He approved the decision Sis. Moldenhauer and I made to post-pone any further testing and such as long as I'm feeling fine and not passing out and such.  I was pretty happy about that.  Sis. D* D* drove us down to Beaumont for the appt., and after we finished we stopped to visit her brother before heading back to Woodville.  She dropped us off for our dinner appt. in Odomville and then went to go hang out w/ her friend.  We had dinner w/  Bro. and Sis. M* and B* O* and family (chicken and dumplins).  Sis. O* helped us practice our upcoming musical number while we were there too.  Sis. D* picked us up after and took us home. 
 
Friday we had District Mtg. in Woodville followed by lunch at the Pickett House so the Elders could experience its awesomeness.  We tried to visit some recent converts and investigators, but struggled to find anyone home.  So, then we went tracting for 3 long hours in the cold.  We were exhausted when we finished, but really happy to work so hard.  We went to the G* for dinner and they fed us lasagna. 
 
Saturday we had some great lessons, some miracles, some tracting, some exhaustion, and LOTS of joy in the work. 
 
Sunday we had church which was incredibly uplifting, and we had a Branch Council mtg. after.  We were supposed to give a church tour to someone we tracted into the day before, but it ended up falling through.  We had lunch and study time at the apt. We hadsome great lessons w/ investigators that evening and really felt like the Spirit led us to be effective w/ the time we had in the evening. 
 
Yesterday we went to NASA!!! That's why I didn't have time to email.  Our mission president specially approved a NASA trip for us missionaries.  We had to have a member take us, and Sis. D* L*e happily accepted the invitation to bring us and the elders serving in Fred.  On the way there I had a little episode of sudden fever, increased heartrate and such- the same thing that happened just before the two times I've passed out.  We pulled over and the elders gave me a blessing in which the Lord promised I would have an enjoyable day.  A miracle followed, all my symptoms gradually ceased and aside from a headache, I was fine.  We enjoyed a great day at NASA regardless of the rain and cold and more rain.  (Tram tour was particularly adventurous w/ the weather.)  By the time we got back to Woodville in the evening, my headache was pretty bad and I was quite exhausted so we ended up having to cancel our dinner appt, and send me to bed early. 
 
I do have to go back to the Dr. on Thursday and I'm not excited about that... but I'm feeling a lot of peace about it all.  Mosiah 4:9 really sums up what I am doing right now.  I'm truly trusting that God is aware of me and that He is in charge.  I know I cannot yet see the big picture that He can see.  He is guiding my life.  He is guiding the missionary work we are engaged in.  He is performing miracles that are changing and blessing His children.  He loves us!!!!
 
I love you all so much and thank you for your love and support and prayers!  SMILE LOTS!!!!!!!!
 
 
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment