Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31

Howdy from Woodville where miracles can clearly be seen amidst the trials!
 
I already wrote about Monday last week, since it was eventful, and I wrote on Tuesday.  Tueaday after emailing, we also had some other preparation day activities to catch up on- grocery shoping and such, and we took time to wash and vacuum the car on Wednesday.  Tuesday afternoon we gave a church tour to L* A* and her son JJ.  Sister S* G* came with us and it was a powerfully spiritual experience.  Bro. and Sis. C* and B* M* fed us dinner that night- ham, potato salad, turnips (my first time having them- could be worse, could be better), carrots, and homemade biscuits w/ a really amazing chocolate cake for dessert.  After dinner we went down and gave a church tour to Bro. and Sis. W* and J* K*.  They loved it and are happily prepared to help us take investigators on them. 
 
Wednesday, we spent some time on mormon.org.  It's still amazing.  We taught a pretty cool lesson to a man named D*, that Sis. M* B* came to w/ us.  I battled headache issues pretty bad that day.  In the evening we were able to give a church tour to T* B*, also w/ Sis. G*.  It was pretty awesome, and we set a baptism date w/ her for Feb. 25th.  She's got a lot of challenges to overcome to get there, but we love her and are excited to help her. 
 
Thursday we had Zone Conference in Beaumont.  Sis. Mapa and I sang a musical number for that which went well, and the whole meeting was pretty much amazing.  Members from Beaumont (not any that I know) prepared chicken spaghetti for us for lunch.  After the conference I went to Dr. Stovall.  I'll be going back for a follow-up today and seeing a cardiologist soon too.  When we got back to Woodville, we ate dinner at the apt.  We got back earlier than we thought we would, so weren't sure how to use the time.  The Spirit prompted us to go to the D*'s which we both thought was weird, because we go to the D*'s all the time.  We went anyways, and D* D* and D* L* were there stuck w/ stressful computer problems, praying for a way to fix it.  It wasn't a very complicated issue for us to figure out and we did so quickly.  It was something little, but still a powerful experience to be used as an instrument in the Lord's hands to answer the prayers of others.
 
Friday we did weekly planing in the morning and a hole bunch of trying to visit people, but not having lots of success.  We did go tracting for awhile which was good times.  We had dinner at the G*s- yummy country ribs.  While eating dinner though.... I had another episode.  It came on more suddenly than it has before and I did indeed pass out again... a couple of times.  We called Sis. Moldenhauer while it was happening- Pres. Moldehauer suggested we call Pres. L* (branch pres) who is a physical therapist and he came pretty quickly.  He called Bro. D*.  They monitored me and gave me a priesthood blessing.  The blessing gave me a lot of comforting counsel.  Soon the episode had passed leaving me w/ nothing but a headache and a very sore tailbone (I fell on it when I passed out.)  My tailbone is improving daily which is good, because I was afraid I'd re-broken it, but it just seems bruised.  I already have a Dr. appt. for today, so hopefully we'll be finding answers for the racing heart episodes soon. 
 
Saturday and Sunday were great days, but I don't have time to write about them because it's time to go.  I did go to a Baptist funeral on Saturday- that was a fascinating new experience.  I do love the Woodville Branch and am so grateful to be here serving w/ them.  I love being a missionary and I know this chuch is true!!!  I love my Savior and am grateful for the peace His atonement offers us.  I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment