Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19

Howdy from Baytown!....

For the last time! I'm being transferred today, in less than an hour. We're not supposed to know where we're going until we get there.... but I'm cool and just found out that I'm headed to La Porte, TX. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I know that it's the Lord's will and I'm going to be just fine... actually I'm going to be just fabulous. My new companion will be Sister Frazier. She's a great missionary, and I know the Lord will help us accomplish great things together.

My last week in Baytown has been wonderful! Sister B.L. was baptized on the evening of Thursday July 15th. (Happy Birthday Daddy!) The service was wonderful, with wonderful talks given by awesome members. At Sister B.L.'s request, Sister Mapa and I sang a duet "Learn of Me" by Janice Kapp Perry. I'm really going to miss singing w/ Sister Mapa. Sister B.L. was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was such a precious experience to witness. I love her so much, and feel so blessed to be a part of her life and help her receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

My brain is a little scattered and my heart is very full with transfers happening... so I'm not quite sure what else to write about. I'm so grateful for the time I've been given to serve in Baytown. The Baytown 2nd ward is full of absolutely amazing members!! I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to work with them and to meet and serve so many great people here in this area! I think I'll just mention a few of the highlights of the week that come to mind, aside from the baptism.

-Fun lesson w/ Sister B.L. on Monday where we taught her how to hold a Family Home Evening w/ her boys and grandmother. We taught about keeping the Sabbath Day holy by making and Ice Cream Sunday w/ gross toppings and talking about how a lot things are great, but not everything is great on "Sunday". We played a fun game called "the grateful game". And Sis. Mapa and I sang a song we made up (while Sis. Mapa played a ukulele we borrowed from a member.) It was fun for Sis. Mapa and I to share our experiences of successful FHE's from growing up. We had a great time.
-tracting in heat w/ the mosquitoes- it's the best!

-Lunch at "5 Guys" on Friday w/ fabulous member Sister C.C.

-Painting a bedroom on Friday for the fantastic Sister V.

-Pizza and Movie Night on Saturday, watching "The Testaments" w/ awesome recent convert Sister A.

-Lot's of other great stuff I can't remember right now!

I love you all! I know the church is true! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart! It is such a privilege to serve Him as a missionary at this time. Write me letters! Be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment