Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tracting alligators

Another week has flown by! I know I keep saying that, but that's really how I feel! I can't believe it is Week 5 of being in the Lake Charles South Area! One more week til transfers when everything could change. It's a little unnerving to think about where me or my companions could be assigned. I know President Moldenhauer is very humble and prayerful about the transfer assignments though, and whatever happens will truly be what the Lord wants and knows is best. Who knows- maybe he'll leave all 3 of us in Lake Charles for another transfer!

I'm still loving the work, and doing my best become the best missionary the Lord can help me to be! Finding and teaching those the Lord has prepared is always an adventure:

-One of our investigators Miss B. is progressing so much and we are excited to set a baptismal date with her this week. Her husband hasn't joined our lessons yet, but always turns the volume on the TV down and sits close in the other room. It's pretty clear that he is listening and we look forward to seeing the progress he makes as well. Miss B. came to church on Sunday and loved it.

-While tracting out in Grand Lake, LA (South of Lake Charles) we really enjoyed ourselves. It was cold and rainy, and VERY muddy. It's pretty darn rural out there and as we were passing a swampy area we could hear what sounds like the mommy alligator's call to her babies. It's a little cold for gators to be out... but it's still possible. I'll try not to get eaten! (or drown in the mud) We also were invited in for hot chocolate during that tracting outing and it made our day!- awesome family, awesome mini-marshmallows, and awesome gospel sharing experience.

Amusing quotes from local church signs:

"Saints win here every Sunday!"

"God answers knee-mail"

"Be an organ donor- give your heart to Jesus!"

I love you all so much and look forward to hearing from you! Be diligent in the things that are most important to you! The Lord will strengthen and bless you as you strive to do what is right :)

*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment