Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She loves it, Mikey, she really loves it!

I have a very special, important announcement to make! Are you ready for it?!...........drumroll please....................
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!
I know that's probably an anticlimactic statement after all that build-up, but I seriously do mean it. I'm tired all the time and I'm always outside my comfort zone, but I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else right now. This is the Lord's work, and I'm SO blessed and SO happy to be a part of it!! I received exciting news this week that my cousin Melody has decided to serve a mission and I am so thrilled for her! She's going to be awesome :)
We have been so busy and are so excited about how the work is going here in Lake Charles. The most exciting news of the week is that we set a baptism date with Miss B for March 27th. She is so absolutely incredible and we just love her to pieces! She's making leaps and bounds in strengthening her testimony and is doing awesome with making changes in her life to prepare for baptism. She's even taking scriptures to work with her so that she can read the word of God instead of smoking on her breaks! I also suffered my first mission animal attack while teaching her last night... one of her cats bit my elbow! Haha! It was pretty funny to yelp and fling my arm in the middle of sharing a story.
My brain doesn't seem to want to function at the moment to share any good stories with you from my week, so this is going to be a shorter email this week. My apologies to those who have specifically requested more stories. I promise to take notes this next week and write a really good email/blog post next Wednesday :) I did just remember some exciting news though! I get to go to the Houston Temple on the 24th of this month! We get to go 3 times this year and I'm so excited to attend with the missionaries I'm serving with!
Questions and comments of what you'd like me to include in my weekly updates are still welcome :) Mail is also still welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment