Saturday, February 6, 2010

The final MTC letter

Sorry I'm a few days late in posting this. Sister Pilmer is in Texas now! She was able to call her immediate family Wednesday morning and sounded so happy and excited! She also bore her testimony that she knows that she is just an instrument in the hands of the Lord, and she couldn't do any of this without Him.

Here's what she sent us last Monday:

Another Fabulous week in the MTC has flown by! I've been up since 4:50 this morning. Sister Jungblut had to check in at the travel office by 5 to begin her journey to Guam. So... now I miss her already and am pretty darn sleepy! For the next two days I'll be in a tri-panionship with Sis. Singleton and Sis. Wallace. They're wonderful :)

This has been a more eventful week for Sis. Jungblut and I than most missionaries at the MTC. Tuesday, Sister Jungblut began having back pains after breakfast and by 10 a.m. they were bad enough that I convinced her we should go to the health clinic. 15 minutes later the nurse rolled her out in a wheelchair and informed me that she was sending us the the E.R.

They thought it was most likely muscle issues, but because of the location and severity of the pain, could possibly kidney stones or something else serious. Several hours, a urine analysis, chest x-rays, CT scan, and lots of meds pumped into an I.V. later.... they couldn't find anything abnormal. They finally gave her effective pain meds, but they caused a vast amount of nausea for her and she was very very groggy for the rest of the day.

The remainder of our week was spent trying to participate in classes and activities as much as possible. We had to play it by ear though, depending on her pain and the effects of her pain killers and muscle relaxants. Lots of our time was spent in the residence hall so she could rest. We learned so much together as we exercised faith and trusted in the Lord's will for us. We had some INCREDIBLY spiritual, strengthening experiences as well. It has been such a pleasure to love and serve Sis. Jungblut in our time together as companions.

I thought the dentist office experience was weird last week, but this week was even weirder! Thurs. and Fri. Sis. J and I went to physical therapy for her back and the office was in the same complex as my mom's office! I was 30 sec. away from her TWICE!! It took a great deal of self-discipline to be obedient to the mission rules and not run over to give her a hug!

I fly to TX Wed. morning and am so excited!!!!

Things I will miss about the MTC:
-The people! : my first companion, district, and zone, and especially my instructors and leaders! They're people I'll always love and remember!
-Gym time: The elliptical w/ a view of the temple, and dominating in 4 square
-Attending the temple on prep. day.

Things I won't miss:
-The food: it's not terrible.... but it's time to move on...
-Sitting in desks so much!

I LOVE being "Sister Pilmer" and being a representative of Jesus Christ! I have learned and grown so much here and have so much more learning and growing to do!

I love you all! I am so happy to be here and coming closer to God every day! I know that Christ is my Savior and I love Him with all my heart! Make good choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment