Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 20

First off I would just like to announce how much I love you all! That means ALL my family and friends that may read this. I love you SO much and hope all is well with you!
It's been a little strange this week to really realize how quickly I'm closing in on my 1/2 way mark. At the end of this transfer I'll have been out 9 months, with 9 months to go. It's flown by so quickly up to this point and it just amazes me. I so badly want to treasure this time I have as a full-time missionary, and work w/ great faith and diligence to do all I can to serve the Lord at this time.
Last night I attended a stake fireside in Eagle Springs. The Keynote speaker was Elder S. Gifford Nielson (sp?), Area General Authority. President and Sister Moldenhauer also spoke some, and it was an amazing fireside! Elder Nielson spoke a lot about missionary work, but also about our testimonies and priorities. It was powerful stuff, and particularly enjoyable for me as he incorporated a good amount of football (particularly BYU football) stories and details into his incredibly spiritual message. Elder Nielson played for BYU as the QB, preceding his career playing for the Houston Oilers, and then in Sports broadcasting stuff. He's a little (a lot) before my time, but I love my Cougar football, so I still think it's awesome. It was also the highlight of my week to see so many members of the Baytown 2nd ward at the fireside. I knew it was the same stake, but it totally didn't dawn on me that they'd be there until 2 of my favorite little girls came running up to me, exclaiming "Sister Pilmer!" and giving me hugs. I love my current ward, but Baytown definitely has a piece of my heart, and I felt very loved as I was able to reconnect w/ so many members from my last area.
This past Wednesday, the 15th, was Sister Hatch's birthday. I tried hard to help her celebrate and overall it turned out to be a pretty great day. I decorated the apartment which was way easier to accomplish than anticipated, because she was super tired went to bed right after planning Tuesday night. That gave me time to decorate and make a SUPER rad card without interruption. She was happily surprised and some of the decorations are still up indefinitely. I also let her take me running for 1st time. She's a hard core runner and wants to train me, so I accepted. I have a long ways to go before I could be considered a "runner", but I'm trying real hard! Rumor is that I'll eventually enjoy it ;) So far I like everything about it except for the part where I'm actually running. Hahaha!
We visited one of our investigators in the hospital, as she just had hernia surgery. It was a very spiritual visit, and we are praying hard for her full recovery, as well as her ability to progress in the gospel. I took Sister Hatch to Bullrito's for lunch (our favorite!) and our Relief Society President, Sister M* took us out to a really nice Chinese Buffet for dinner. A really awesome (though semi less-active) member of our ward, Sister C* S*, also had us over for a brief celebration that night. She and I had plotted together to surprise Sister Hatch w/ cake and singing and crayon "Happy Birthday" signs made by her adorable kids. Sister Hatch really liked that, and I was pretty happy that I pulled off a fun little surprise. We did some tracting and all that normal good missionary stuff during the day, and we saw lots of tender mercies of the Lord. The best b-day present and miracle though, happened when we recieved a voicemail that said, "Hello, my name is D* W*, and I'm interested in joining your church. My number is ____. Please give me a call." We have since met with D*, taught her about the Restoration and commited her to baptism! (currently aiming for Sept. 30th) We just love her, and she has been so prepared. We are praying so hard for her :)
Being a missionary ROCKS!! I love mail! The church is true! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, with all my heart and am so grateful for His Atonement. The Book of Mormon is true and powerful! I love you all!!!
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment