Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 13

Howdy from La Porte, home of some of the coolest people I've ever met! I'm so in love w/ being a missionary- it truly the best decision I've ever made. I love my companion, Sister Hatch, and we're doing our best to work hard and accomplish the Lord's will in this area. There are some pretty sweet awesome things that have happened this past week!
*I received a phone call on Saturday from Sister Kinikini and Sister Wallace in Baytown. They excitedly informed me J* and B* M* have decided to be baptized on October 9th, which happens to be Sister M's birthday. Sister Mapa and I were not the first or the last missionaries to teach them, and we knew they would eventually be ready, we just didn't know when. After much prayer, and work, and fasting by many missionaries- it's such an exciting thing! I'm so stoked and really hope I'll get permission to go back and be there for the baptism.
*Yesterday, T* came to Sacrament Mtg. and brought his 2 children. We had just tracted into him the day before and hadn't even taught him yet or anything! He just showed up! The ward lovingly welcomed him, and even though he was unable to stay for the other meetings, he seemed to have a genuinely good experience. We now have his phone number as well as his address and hope to be able to teach him very soon.
*At dinner w/ the E* family last night we were discussing the way the gospel is recieved in this area of the world. Before we knew it, they spontaneously gave us a solid referral to teach their neighbor friends. It was really cool, and we are prayerful that we'll be able to share the gospel w/ them and they'll be receptive to our message and the truth that we have to share.
We experience lots of little and big miracles every day and I'm just so happy to be a part of this great work. I love you all so very much!!
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment