Thursday, June 3, 2010

May 17

Hello family and friends!

I'm so ridiculously happy right now! I'm so blessed and grateful and joyful and at peace, and I want nothing more than for all of you and all of God's children to feel the same way. That is why I am doing what I'm doing as a missionary. I know truth that when applied can bring peace and joy amidst the trials of life. I want everyone to be able to know and apply that truth for themselves. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart. The strength that comes from their powerful love is amazing and real. I'm constantly amazed that the more I focus on others and forget about myself- the more happiness and joy I find. Losing myself in the Lord's work allows me to find myself more each day. I know that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who has greater plans and purposes for me that I can imagine for myself. It blows me away.

That being said- it's been a great week since I last wrote, which was actually less than a week ago since Preparation Day has been changed from Wednesdays to Mondays. That will take some getting used to. The bugs in full force and I have a bite on the back of my leg that has grown to take up most of my calf muscle. Fire ants and Mosquitoes just adore me :)

We've been so busy and are so excited about the opportunities for AWESOMENESS to happen here in Baytown. We've had so many faith building experiences with people from all walks of life. I'll quickly share one of many awesome moments from the past few days:

Friday, Sister Mapa and I met a woman while tracting, who I'll call Miss K. When we went back for our return appointment on Saturday, we had the opportunity to teach her about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong and we committed her to baptism. It was almost startling to hear her say "YES" when I extended the invitation from the Lord. She was hesitant to accept the date of June 5th, but agreed to pray about it. It was just amazing. We have a member of our ward coming back with us on Wednesday.

Sister Mapa rocks! Missionary work rocks! Baytown rocks! You all rock and I love you soooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment