Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9

Howdy from Woodville, TX where I will be finishing out my mission! Transfer calls came Saturday night as usual, and Sis. Bouwhuis and I will be spending the next 6 weeks serving together in Woodville.  We're pretty excited about it and are going to give it all we've got to make the most of that time!
 
Monday was a fun preparation day.  We cleaned our apt and got groceries and did laundry as usual.  Then we went over to the D*'s where Sis. D* made us grilled cheese sandwiches while we watched "The Errand of Angels".  (We got special permission to watch it.)  We wrote letters (or at least tried to) while we watched and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Then we went up to Odomville where we helped Megan and Emelie castrate a bull calf.  I'm sure that the audience of this email will not all want the details of that fascinating experience, so I will not include details at this time.  If you'd like to know more, you'll have to ask me.  I do still love mail.  That evening we had a lesson w/ Tanya and Eddie L*.  We watched the Restoration dvd, and answered questions.  It was pretty cool. 
 
Tuesday we rode our bikes up to do service at Heritage Village, and enjoy lunch there at the Pickett House.  Then we rode up to the nursing home for our weekly visit.    That evening we went to the  M*s for dinner, where we enjoyed chicken and rice and salad and some awesome orange cream pie thing for dessert.  I also had the opportunity to get to know Lori M* better and to help photograph goats for sale.  I now know a little more about what you want in a goat photo and how to photograph their udder.  We stopped by the younger M* familty after and watched the Restoration dvd w/ them in Spanish.  It was really spiritual and cool to visit them.  It was a great day. 
 
Wednesday Sis. Bouwhuis was sick in the morning, so I spent some extra time studying and such while she rested.  In the afternoon we went to the library to spend our weekly hour on mormon.org- SO GOOD!  We had dinner w/ the G* family- yummy homemade burgers and fries.  We went to the Activity Days (8-11 yr old primary girls) activity for a little bit to help Emelie O* teach about the 10th article of faith.  That was fun and educational. 
 
Thursday, I woke up feeling like crud.  I had to rest most of the morning.  Then we did our weekly planning and then I had to take a hot bath and rest some more.  I fought a fever most of the afternoon.  We still went to our dinner appt. w/ the J*s family.  They also fed us delicious homemade burgers.  It's that time of year :)  We loved it and had a great visit and lesson w/ them.  They're a super neat family. 
 
Friday we got up and headed to Zone Meeting in Beaumont.  That was super great, and for feeling as sick as I did, I still got a lot out of it.  I also had a couple of elders give me a priesthood blessing after the meeting.  That was great :)  We ate lunch w/ some missionaries at Taco Bell.  Then we came home so I could rest some more and get my fever down...  good times.  That evening our appt w/ Tanya and Eddie fell through, but we were still able to do a church tour w/ Betty O* and that was sweet.  The O*'s fed us dinner that night- Taco Soup which was perfect for me :)  I love the O*s. 
 
Saturday we worked in spurts.  We saw quite a few miracles that day relied on the Lord for strength.  In between resting, we were able to teach some lessons and get work done.  We had dinner w/ the Mo*s that night- chicken (that they raised), homemade biscuits, corn, green beans, and buttermilk pie for dessert.  I could tell it was ALL delicious, but I couldn't taste any of it due to my congestion.  Haha- that was pretty humorous. 
 
Sunday, church was wonderful, even though the investigators we were hoping to see didn't show.  We visited the L* family in the afternoon and that was great.  The K*s fed us pasta for dinner w/ key lime pie for dessert.  So good, and we had such a good visit and lesson w/ them.  Then we went to the L*s and called our families.  I love my family!!!  We shared a message w/ the L*s and then headed home.  I'm still sick, but feeling much better, and I love being a missionary!  It was a hard week, but a good one.  I love y'all so much!!!
 
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment