Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23

Howdy from Woodville, TX where I get to serve in the most AWESOME branch ever!  Seriously- I am constantly amazed by the members of the Woodville branch and I love being able to work w/ and serve them and to have them as my friends.  I love this place!
 Monday was p-day and after our normal errand running, Emelie O* picked us up and took us back to Odomville for some grand adventures.  We just hung out up there petting horses for a little while, and then we all went fishing at the secret pond (all of us = Emelie, Megan, Sis. Bouwhuis, and me).  We had lots of fun and caught a few perch big enough to eat... so we took them back to Grampy O*'s house, cleaned 'em, fried 'em, and ate 'em.  It was lots of fun, and I actually enjoyed eating my fish... kind of... it was tasty... and I'm pretty sure I like SOME fish now after eating lots of it on the mission... but there's still a mental block I must overcome that their still FISH.   Someday.... That evening Bro. and Sis. Ronnie and Dolores L* took us out to dinner at Elijah's where I did not order fish... I haven't come that far yet.  I did enjoy some yummy chicken parmesan though.
Tuesday we got up very early... 3:45... and got ready and drove up to Fred where we hitched a ride to Vidor for the elders.  We needed to carpool w/ them to our meeting and one of them had to be there early to practice the musical number.  Fastforward til past 9:00 and we got to enjoy an AWESOME meeting w/ Elder Gavaret of the quorum of the seventy.  It was oh so very edifying!  I had to participate a lot- did a role play in front of everyone, stand and share my thoughts about what I've learned from the Moldenhauers, say the closing prayer, etc., but that causes one to learn more, so it was good.  We enjoyed lunch after of Hawaiin Haystacks- YUM! something I haven't eaten my whole mission.  One of the Relief Society women that helped provide the meal, came and sat and talked w/ us.  She's one of Bernie Packard's daughters... I think her name is Patricia... she's way cool and we had a good chat.  I felt really achey and fevery all day, so that was hard, but I guess I needed some opposition.  Around 4:30 we had a great lesson w/ 9 yr. old Danein G*.  She's so cute and so awesome.  We taught her about prophets and priesthood and she asked lots of great questions.  We had 30 minutes at our apt. before dinner... I conked out for all of it.  We went to the G*s for dinner and enjoyed something they call Sarah's Goo for dinner w/ Orange Cake for dessert- yum. 
Wednesday morning we spent our hour on mormon.org.  We did a whole bunch of stuff during the day, but my brain won't recall it right now and I didn't record it in my planner.  We had dinner that evening w/ Bro and Sis EarlWayne and Linda O*.  They also had Mike and Mary A* over and we all enjoyed Chicken Spaghetti and lots of yummy sides and awesome brownies for dessert.  We had a good visit and lesson.  I love those people!
Thursday we tried visiting a few people that we didn't find home.  Then we did weekly planning, which took awhile but was effective.   In the afternoon we met recent convert Airrick L* at the church for church tour.  He ended up bringing A.J., a non-member friend.  She's way cool and I'd met her before at Lexi's baptism.  It was a pretty cool tour.  The M* family fed us dinner that night- lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and brownies for dessert.  One of their 4 sons just came home from his mission a couple weeks ago, and one of them will be leaving on a mission at the end of the summer.  Their a really cool family.  Sister Anna M* came to an appt. w/ us after dinner.  We reviewed principles of the Restoration w/ Louise W* that we met last Saturday and talked to her about baptism.  She doesn't quite understand it all yet, but she has a lot of faith and it's cool to teach her. 
Friday we district meeting here in Woodville. That was sweet, and afterwards we went to try a local Mexican place, Naeomi's.  It was fun and tasty.  In the afternoon E.W. and Linda came to the church for a sweet church tour.  The Millers fed us dinner that night- swiss stake over rice, fried okra, corn on the cob, and root beer floats for dessert.  They're such a neat couple!
Saturday we had a church tour w/ Danein and her mom and her little brother.  It was so awesome and we set a baptism date w/ her for June 18th.  She's so excited and we're excited for her!  We spent some time scrubbing out our baptism font w/ Comet after that... it needed it, and it looks much better now.  That afternoon, Sis. Dolores L* drove us out to Jasper for a baptism.  The elders have been teaching Kaylynn W* for awhile and it was super cool to be able to attend her baptism.  Sis. L* took us to dinner at a chinese buffet in Jasper afterwards.  We all agreed the food was quite lame, but we had fun anyways.  We had a good visit and lesson w/ Donna G* and her family that night too. 
Sunday was great- Danein and her mom and two step siblings all came to church and had a great experience.  We love them!  We had a branch potluck after church to honor Ryan M* coming home.  The food was great and a former investigator we invited came too, so it was all fabulous.  We visited at the nursing home in the afternoon.  Then we met Sis. Connie L* at the church for a great church tour- such a neat lady!  We had dinner at the D*s- corn dogs :)  loved it and had a lesson w/ them from the conference talk- Face the Future w/ Faith.  We also stopped by the C*s for a nice lesson and checked on Dewain again.  I think he really might make it to church next Sunday.  That would be so awesome... we're praying w/ faith!
MISSIONARY WORK IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!  I love it so much and am so grateful to be a part of it.  I love you all!!!
*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment