Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 7

Howdy from Woodville where the Holy Ghost is leading us to miracles every day!  I'm actually sending this email from the Silsbee library for those of you who care to know that.  We're having a zone p-day in Vidor today (combined Orange and Beaumont zones), and we're riding down w/ the Fred elders, so we're emailing in Silsbee on our way to Vidor. 
On Monday I had a second appt. w/ the urologist.  For those who have expressed curiosity, I have no issues w/ informing you that those appts. were to follow up on blood being found in urine samples during my hospital stay.  Just to rule everything out, they want to verify my bladder was fine... that has now been verified.  There's nothing wrong w/ my bladder.  For those of you who didn't want that information, my apologies.  After the Dr., we went by the elders' house and hung out for a little bit, tossed the football, enjoyed "bagel burgers"- one of Elder Wittner's most delicious concoctions.  Afterwards we drove back to Woodville, and all the way out to Odomville where we enjoyed spaghetti w/ Bro. and Sis. E* W* and L* O*.  There shared a cool video w/ us about the establishment and growth of the church in this area.  That was cool.  We went to the D*'s to share a message and to eat Habanero peppers.  Anyone who knows me well is probably shocked that I would eat a Habenero of my own free will and choice... me too.... but I did it.  It was horrible.  It was worth the handmade stone knife Bro. D* will be making for me though :)  That's a bribe he offers all the missionaries- Sis. Lundgren and I accepted the challenge. 
On Tuesday we gave our typical weekly service at Heritage Village.  We did some sweeping and polishing and cleaning in a few of the buildings.  We also enjoyed our usual fried chicken lunch at the Pickett House.  That afternoon we tried some former investigators and had some success in doing so.  A* and H* H* had us over for dinner (spagehetti again) and we enjoyed a lesson w/ them on putting the Lord first.  After the H*'s we stopped by to visit Sis. D* P*.  We shared "the John Tanner Story" dvd w/ her and she loved it. 
Wednesday we visited the nursing home, spent time on mormon.org, did some tracting and visiting- all good stuff :)  We went out to Crosby Hill in the afternoon and had a good visit w/ Papa Segrest and his sweet wife.  We also went to see N* B and A* M* (less-active member and her 12 yr. old non-member, daughter)  We taught them how to play Phase 10, and they really enjoyed it, especially A*.  I won, but barely.  N* B's husband D* came home just as we were finishing and we had a lesson w/ all of them on Pres. Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most".  By the time we finished I had a killer migraine and we went home to eat dinner... I went straight to my bed and crashed and was in so much pain I didn't even get up and put pj's on until midnight. 
Thursday I felt much better.  We had an effective weekly planning session and then went out visiting potential investigators and tracting.  We had a lesson w/ D* at 3- a highschool aged young man who had investigated the church in the past.  He's pretty shy, but very curious and the lesson went well.  Then we went up to Ivanhoe and had a lesson w/ recent convert A* L* about goal setting and mission prep.  That kid rocks and will be a great missionary.  We had dinner w/ the A*s and the O*s.  It was Sis. M* A*s' birthday and she made egg rolls, chicken fried rice and chocolate lava cake- so yummy! 
Friday we had district meeting out in Jasper, so we spent some time in Dam B/Town Bluff making visits on the way back.  We had a lesson w/ highschooler C* at 5.  She's an AMAZING girl, and we're really excited to be teaching her.  The G* family fed us yummy taco soup for dinner w/ amazing german chocolate pie for dessert. 
Saturday we visited lots of potential investigators and less-actives in the morning and early afternoon.  We had a long, but effective day. (time is almost up)
Sunday was great because church was great, and we were able to do a lot of effective tracting.  The K*s fed us for
sorr I didn't finish

No comments:

Post a Comment