Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22

Howdy from Woodville, TX where we've had an adventurous, fabulous, busy week :)
 
Monday night we went to D*'s so they could meet my fabulous new companion. They bought us treats from Sonic (diet cherry limeade for me- yummy!) and we had a lesson w/ them.  They're always so sweet to us.  We also stopped by recent convert J* J*'s apt. and talked and prayed w/ him for a little bit.  He's struggling right now, but we still love him and the branch does too :)
 
Tuesday we spent most of the day in Beaumont for Dr. appts.  We went to Dr. Stovall's first and then went to visit a less-active member the elders sent us to see.  She wasn't home but we had a good visit and lesson w/ her active member mother and non-member bro. in law.  We had salads at Wendy's for lunch, met up w/ the elders to  pick up some supplies, and then headed to the other dr. appt.  It was w/ endocrinologist Dr. Jayraj.  He went over all my numbers w/ me of various tests, hormones, and stuff from my hospital stay- everything normal.  He also asked us LOTS of questions about the church and what we do as missionaries.  That was fun.  That night we had dinner w/ Grampy K* O*, and E* and M* O* (Grampy's granddaughters).  E* made us yummy tin foil dinners.  We had a great lesson w/ them after and talked about the people E* is trying to share the gospel w/.  She's so cool.  She's also cool because she brought in her twin baby goats for us to hold.  SO CUTE!!  We then went over to Uncle M* O*'s w/ M* (K*'s son, M*'s dad) and visited w/ him.  Sis. Lundgren got to hold the snakes which is fun (something I've already done), I did hold the little one some, because I think she's more fun cuz you can feel her body move and wrap around your hand and it's just cool.  Then we shared a message about missionary work... and then I had an episode.  I didn't pass out, just layed down on their couch until it passed. Sis. B* O* is a nurse and came home just after the episode started.  She observed me and took my vitals during the whole thing and made sure I was taken care of.  Apparently my blood pressure goes really low which causes my heart to race.  She called Dr. Stovall the next day and talked to him about everything she observed and he said it was helpful and that he was going to talk to Dr. Jayraj some more.  I haven't heard from him, but will be seeing him in a week or two.  Sis. Lundgren was such a champ about all of this fun, and takes good care of me. 
 
Wednesday we went to the nursing home for our regular visits, and had to wear masks because of the flu spread they've had there.  We stopped by D*'s and had a good visit w/ him so Sis. Lundgren could get to know him.  We spent some time down in Doucette tracting and visiting T* after lunch.  The M*s took us to Pizza Hut for dinner.  We went to go visit F* and D* after that and had a great visit and lesson w/ them. 
 
Thursday we did weekly planning and worked on updating our whiteboard and area book.  It was very effective, but took quite some time.  We finished up in the early afternoon and then went tracting where we found some pretty cool potential investigators.  The G*s fed us dinner that night which was yummy spaghetti and salad w/ german chocolate cake for dessert.  I loved hearing their testimonies as we had a lesson about the importance of a living prophet.  We had a lesson w/ D* after dinner. C* M* and her dad, Bro. S* M* came w/ us and S* and D* hit it off. It was really great :) 
 
Friday we had district meeting in the morning.  The Zone Leaders came and joined us and we all went to lunch in Spurger after where we enjoyed Spurger Burgers and Hunter's BBQ.  That afternoon we visited some former investigators and did some tracting.  That evening I also smashed my left thumb in the car door.  I shut the door completely on it and turned to walk away when I realized my thumb was in the door.  It was quite excruciating and I cried (not quietly) the whole way over to the D*'s.  I iced it and cried and hurt and Bro. D* drilled a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure.  It helped.  We had dinner w/ Durr's (fish and tots) and had fun talking w/ their grandkids.  They were all very supportive of my pain too.  Little I* chimed in as Bro. D* was drilling, "Sis. Pilmer I hope you don't lose your thumb."  Tehe- I won't, but I will be losing the nail and I have lost use of it for awhile.  Have to function w/ only one opposable thumb has been an adventure and has made me think of Justin and his days as a missionary w/ only one functioning arm.  My thumb really hurts, but I'd take that over a broken elbow any day. 
 
Saturday we had a lesson w/ D* in the morning about the Plan of Salvation- he's progressing more than ever (we've been teaching him for like 2 months).  We did some tracting, spent an hour on mormon.org and visited some more former investigators to check on them.  It was a great day aside from major thumb throbbing.  We had dinner w/ Bro. and Sis. M* and B* O*.  They ordered pizza which we enjoyed w/ plenty of salad and ice cream sundaes for dessert. 
 
Church was great on Sunday.  D* has now made it to the parking lot for the second time... he came late so we couldn't meet him out there and he got nervous and drove away.  We're not giving up him.  He's trying so hard.  We stopped by that night and had a lesson w/ him.  Sis. Lundgren had a migraine that she had to sleep off most of the afternoon, after we had branch choir practice lunch at the Durrs.  That night we also had a visit w/ J* and a lesson w/ F* and D*.  (F* is a less-active member and D* is her less-active sister.  We love them both a whole bunch!)
 
Yesterday I went to the urologist who found nothing wrong, but is going to do one more test next week to rule out all possible issues.  No news on what causes my episodes for sure, but we're still considering all possibilities.  All of your love, prayers, support, and advice have been felt and appreciated.  I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
*~Sister Pilmer~*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment