Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 18!

Howdy from Baytown!

Time is flying by and I'm loving every minute of this work! There is a song on the CD "Ring Christmas Bells" (Mormon Tabernacle Choir w/ Brian Stokes Mitchell.... please ignore the fact that I'm listening to Christmas CD's in May) called "Grateful". It describes excellently, how I feel right now. Sister Mapa and I listen to that song a lot because we just love being missionaries and are so happy and so grateful for all the Lord has blessed us with.

We have been so very busy and it's been fabulous! We've spent some wonderful hours knocking on doors in the 90 degree, humid weather. It sounds lame, but we really do love it. What could be better than talking to our Brothers and Sisters about the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ and His restored gospel?! We've been teaching TONS of awesome people, which means we're having to really find out who is prepared and searching and ready to make changes in their lives, and who is not. We love everyone we meet so it is hard, but the Lord's time is precious and we must use it wisely. It requires a lot of diligence and a great reliance upon the Spirit. It's awesome :)

I'd like to thank the Northridge 7th Ward (especially the Youth!) for the sweet package I received this week! It was so fun! The tissues were particularly useful and I absolutely loved the notes from the Young Women. Thanks to everyone who contributed! I love mail :) Sister Mapa also commented on the picture they included, and we agreed that it is amazing to see the potential and power in such strong, worthy Youth. They're incredible!

Sorry for sending another email w/o a lot of details on the work and no animal stories, but I hope y'all appreciate anyways. I love you all so much!

*~Sister Pilmer~*

No comments:

Post a Comment